Oatmeal Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine oats and milk. Let soak for about 10-20 minutes, while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and chocolate chips. Whisk together.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine canola oil, brown sugar, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients and the oats that have soaked to the dry ingredients. Mix gently with a spatula just until all the ingredients are combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups (I find an ice cream scoop to be helpful). Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let muffins cool in a pan for about 5 minutes, then remove them and place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
adapted from The Baker Mama