the best roasted potatoes
The Best Roasted Potatoes (Emily’s Roasted Potatoes)
adapted from Emily Blunt via Ina Garten
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
– Kosher Salt
– 3 lb. large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1) Preheat over to 425 degrees F.
2) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully add the potatoes, bring back to a boil, and then lower the heat to a simmer for 8-10 minutes, until they are just tender.
3) Drain the potatoes, place them back in the pot. With a lid on the pot, shake the potatoes vigorously for about 5 seconds. Carefully spoon the potatoes onto a baking rack set over a sheet pan in one layer, and allow them to cool and dry for about 5 minutes.
4) While the potatoes are cooling, pour the vegetable oil into a large roasted pan and place it in the oven, allowing the oil to heat for 5-7 minutes. Then carefully transfer the potatoes to the pan. Toss them lightly to coat each potato and spread them out in one layer.
5) Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Roast the potatoes for 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning the potatoes occasionally with tongs so they brown evenly. When they are done they will be crisp on the outside and creamy on the inside.
6) Transfer the potatoes to a serving platter and sprinkle with salt.